Privacy Notice for Parents and Children
How and why we process your personal data
To enrol a child in our lessons or register your interest in our service, you need to provide some personal data:
- Your Contact Details
- Product Preferences (for example instruments you would like your child to play)
- Your Child’s Information (Name, School, Year Group, any relevant Medical / Educational Notes)
- We consider Medical Notes you provide to be Special Category Data, and our legal basis for storing this is to protect the Vital Interests of your child. For example, when your child is in our care, knowing about life-threatening allergies helps us to keep them safe.
To effectively delivery our service, we may also store a record of your:
- Communication History with us (e.g. copies of emails, or notes about phone calls)
- Billing History
- Child’s Lesson Attendance
If you are a paying customer, you are required to provide:
- Bank Details or Credit/Debit Card Details
- These will be stored and processed by specialist third party payment processing suppliers. We do not store a copy of any credit/debit card details.
Recording your child’s performances (video/photo/audio)
With your consent, we may film, photograph and record your child’s musical performance as an optional part of the educational experience we deliver. Any images/recordings are published separately from your personal data, and you are able to take part in Rocksteady services without opting-in to this part of our product
Our Legal Basis for processing your personal data
- For active customers, our Legal Basis for collecting and processing your personal data is our Contract with you.
- For prospective customers (e.g. if you join our waiting list) our Legal Basis is your intention to enter into a Contract with us.
- For recording (video/photo/audio) our Legal Basis for processing this data is Consent.
How and when we share your personal data
- If you are a parent, we share details of your child’s Rocksteady lesson timetable with their school to enable lessons to take place.
How long we store your data
We store your data for up to three years after:
- You finish as an active customer; or
- Your child has left a school where they were on the waiting list; or
- Your last contact with us
Your rights under the GDPR
You have qualified rights to access, rectify and erase your personal data, and to restrict or object to processing, and to make your data portable. You have the right to complain to a Supervisory Authority (e.g. The Information Commissioner’s Office).
How to raise a concern about how your data is handled
Please contact us with any concerns you have about how we are handling your data. For detailed guidance on how to raise a concern, and your rights to escalate concerns to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) please visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/
Sands Music Services © 2021 All rights reserved